25th Annual Starlight Spectacular
Saturday, June 15th, 2019
Important information for attendees:
WEATHER UPDATE: So far, the ride is on as scheduled. We will update our Facebook page if anything changes. As long as it is safe to ride, we will ride! We recommend you wear layers and bring rain gear just in case.
Registration and packet pickup open at 9 pm upstairs at the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center. Please pick up your tee shirts by 10 pm; we will release any unclaimed tee shirts at 10 pm to walk-in registrants. ONLY EARLYBIRD REGISTRANTS (REGISTERED BY MAY 19) ARE GUARANTEED A TEE SHIRT, AND ONLY UNTIL 10 PM, JUNE 15TH.
Parking is in the Rock Ledge Ranch lot off 30th Street. Parking this year is limited; PLEASE CARPOOL AND COME EARLY! 30th Street will be closed starting at 10 pm for the first riders to go out.
Don’t forget your headlights, tail lights and helmet! Please have ID with you at all times in case of emergency.
The 4-mile kids ride starts at 9:30 pm.
Families with small children will start at 10 pm.
The rest of the riders will start at 10:30 pm.
REGISTRATION OPEN UNTIL FRIDAY, JUNE 14TH AT 11:55 PM: https://2019starlight.eventbrite.com.
Walk-in registration opens Saturday at 9 pm, upstairs in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center. Walk-in prices:
Adults (16+): $55
Children 6-15: $35
Children under 6: free
Family (up to four at the same address): $110
[/spb_text_block] [codesnippet pb_margin_bottom=”yes” width=”1/4″ el_position=”last”]
25th Annual Starlight Spectacular
Saturday, June 15th, 2019
Come revel with us and celebrate “25 years of wild style” June 15th at the Starlight Spectacular night time bike ride in Colorado Springs, beginning and ending at the world-famous Garden of the Gods Park. Join 1,000 other riders flying through the starlit streets for 16, 21 or 23 miles—now with a 4-mile early kid friendly ride through the park!
Put on your favorite costume and light up your bike, it is going to be a spectacular night! Sign up TODAY and SAVE.
To celebrate the 25th anniversary we are:
- Adding an amazing new “Garden Ride and Rest Stop at Hamp Hut.” The perfect ride for families and individuals looking for a shorter journey in Garden of the Gods Park.
- DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND–Upgrading the ride shirt to a commemorative tech tee, sure to be a collector’s item.
- Increasing the festivities at all of our existing rest stops, with more food options and amusing activities than ever before!
On a summer night in 1994, a small group of crazy cyclists decided it would be awesome to get up in the middle of the night, ride bikes by starlight and watch the sunrise together.
That late night ride led to the birth of an annual tradition, the Starlight Spectacular; which is now one of the nation’s oldest and largest community bike rides.[/spb_text_block] [spb_text_block title=”Stay at Hyatt Place between June 14 and 16 and save big!” pb_margin_bottom=”no” pb_border_bottom=”no” width=”1/2″ el_position=”last”]
Starlight riders, families and friends are invited to make June 14-16, 2019 a special weekend with a stay at the Hyatt Place Garden of the Gods. Stay one night, or the whole weekend! Use this Booking Link to unlock the special rate of $149 per night. All the rooms have 2 double beds or a king bed, and a separate area with sofa sleeper. Rate includes fresh deluxe breakfast for your whole party, free Wi-Fi and parking.
Remember, June 16th is Fathers Day–treat Dad to a fun family weekend![/spb_text_block] [blank_spacer height=”30px” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [blank_spacer height=”30px” width=”1/6″ el_position=”first”] [spb_video title=”2017 Starlight video.” link=”https://youtu.be/2ppUH3fewWw” full_width=”no” width=”2/3″ el_position=”last”] [blank_spacer height=”30px” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [spb_text_block title=”FAQs” pb_margin_bottom=”no” pb_border_bottom=”no” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
What requirements are there to ride?
All riders must wear a helmet, and have front and rear lights on their bikes.
When and where is packet pickup?
Packet pickup will occur May 26th – June 9th at various locations. No registration required, stop by which ever day/location works best for you.
May 26th – 10:00 am -3:00 pm @ REI 1376 E Woodmen Rd
June 1st – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm @ Ted’s Bicycles Inc 3016 N Hancock Ave
June 2nd 10:00 am – 3:00 pm @ Criterium Bicycles 6150 Corporate Dr
June 8th 10:00 am -3:00 pm @ Old Town Bike Shop 426 S Tejon St
June 9th 10:00 am -3:00 pm @ Bicycle Village 2450 Montebello Square Dr
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You do not need to bring a printed ticket to the event. Your name will be on a list at the event for you to pick up your packet. If you have already picked up your packet before the event, you will have a wrist band that we ask you to put on to identify you as a paid rider, which will also be your entry into the pancake breakfast after the event.
What is included in my registration?
Besides supporting the Trails and Open Space Coalition and their mission of preserving open space and parks, and creating a network of bikeways and greenways in our area, your entry includes: the festival before the ride, with food, music, and prizes; your limited-edition Starlight 2019 tee shirt (EARLYBIRD REGISTRATION ONLY), swag bag with special offers from our partners, snacks at two rest stops on the route, and a midnight breakfast after the ride.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking for the event is in the Rock Ledge Ranch lot. You will be directed to turn west on Gateway Road, then left into the parking lot. Watch for parking attendants to give you directions on where to park. If you bike to the event, bike parking is available in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center parking lot.
What can/can’t I bring to the event?
Alcohol is not permitted in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center or the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot.
What is the route?
The ride is entirely on City streets. Streets are not closed during the event, but there are volunteers throughout with directional signs, and police support at major street crossings for your safety. Please obey the rules of the road and be aware of other vehicles on the streets.
Am I allowed to bring my dog?
Well-behaved dogs are welcome to ride in trailers or baskets. We do not allow dogs to run beside bikes, both for the safety of the dogs and of the other riders.
What is your refund policy?
This is a charity event. TOSC is not able to process refunds for any reason.[/spb_text_block] [divider type=”standard” text=”Go to top” full_width=”no” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [spb_video title=”Watch the promo for the 2015 ride–see what it’s about!” link=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/mMdBrFSwnHM” size=”560X315″ full_width=”no” width=”1/2″ el_position=”first”] [spb_text_block title=”Rider Info” pb_margin_bottom=”no” pb_border_bottom=”no” width=”1/2″ el_position=”last”]
- YOU MUST HAVE FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS AND A HELMET TO RIDE.
- PARKING: Car parking for the event is in the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot. From 30th Street, you will be directed to turn west on Gateway Road and follow the signs and volunteers’ directions to get to parking. Plan on a 10-15 minute walk/bike to the Visitor Center from the parking lot.
- BE SURE TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 10 pm, as 30th Street will be closed at 10 pm for the safety of the riders.
- PACKET PICKUP for late registration and Earlybirds who have not picked up packets starts at 9 pm upstairs in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center.
- YOUR SHIRTS AND PACKETS WILL BE HELD UNTIL 10 pm, then we will release them to new registrants. We may run out of shirts at the end, so be sure to come in between 9 and 10 for your best chance to get one. We cannot guarantee shirts or sizes for other than Earlybird registrants.
- CONTESTS: We will award prizes for the best illuminated bike and best costumes.
- SWAG AND FOOD: Look for our sponsor tents for giveaways and decorating bling. There will be coffee, soft drinks and pizza before the ride.
- NEED BIKE GEAR OR A QUICK FIX?: If you forget lights or a helmet, they are available for purchase from our sponsor bike shops. There will also be bike repair stands.
- RIDE START: The ride starts at 10:30 pm. There is a starting place for the long ride and another for the shorter ride. Volunteers will direct you.
- MORE QUESTIONS? Read our FAQs, or call us, 719-633-6884.
A Big Thank You to All Our Sponsors!
[/boxed_content] [boxed_content type=”whitestroke” pb_margin_bottom=”no” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
The Starlight Spectacular is an event that receives Colorado Springs Lodging and Automobile Rental Tax money to cover the costs of rider safety and event marketing. For more information about LART, please follow this link… https://coloradosprings.gov/city-council/page/lodgers-and-automobile-rental-tax-lart-citizens
Turn the Starlight Spectacular into a Father’s Day adventure in the Pikes Peak region! Go to https://www.visitcos.com/ to learn more about the amazing things Colorado Springs has to offer!
Coming from outside of Colorado Springs? Skip the drive and fly into Colorado Springs! Use the Colorado Springs Airport as your air port of choice when coming to town for the Starlight Spectacular! https://coloradosprings.gov/flycos