26th annual starlight spectacular is in the planning stages.
The Covid-19 Pandemic has caused us to reschedule this event.
One hot summer night in 1994, a small group of avid cyclists decided to meetup in middle of the night, ride bikes by starlight and watch the sunrise together. That late night adventure led to the birth of an annual tradition, the Starlight Spectacular. The Trails and Open Space Coalition has proudly created what is now one of the nation’s oldest and largest community bike rides!
Every year in June, we bring our community together for a late night ride. We put extravagant lights on our bikes, dress up in costumes and parade around Colorado Springs. There are a few route options (usually ranging between 10 – 25 miles), all beginning and ending at Garden of the Gods. This is not a race, we have fun rest stops with food and entertainment along the way. We offer prizes for the best illuminated bike, best costume and largest group, provided by fantastic local sponsors. This is TOSC’s primary community fundraiser, proceeds are used to advocate for trails and open space in the Pikes Peak region. We celebrate the completion of the ride with a pancake breakfast. This spunky ride has become a Father’s Day tradition for many families. We hope you will join us for our next spectacular ride.
- YOU MUST HAVE FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS AND A HELMET TO RIDE.
- PARKING: Car parking for the event is in the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot. From 30th Street, you will be directed to turn west on Gateway Road and follow the signs and volunteers’ directions to get to parking. Plan on a 10-15 minute walk/bike to the Visitor Center from the parking lot.
- BE SURE TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 10 pm, as 30th Street will be closed at 10 pm for the safety of the riders.
- PACKET PICKUP for late registration and Earlybirds who have not picked up packets starts at 9 pm upstairs in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center.
- YOUR SHIRTS AND PACKETS WILL BE HELD UNTIL 10 pm, then we will release them to new registrants. We may run out of shirts at the end, so be sure to come in between 9 and 10 for your best chance to get one. We cannot guarantee shirts or sizes for other than Earlybird registrants.
- CONTESTS: We will award prizes for the best illuminated bike and best costumes.
- SWAG AND FOOD: Look for our sponsor tents for giveaways and decorating bling. There will be coffee, soft drinks and pizza before the ride.
- NEED BIKE GEAR OR A QUICK FIX?: If you forget lights or a helmet, they are available for purchase from our sponsor bike shops. There will also be bike repair stands.
- RIDE START: The ride starts at 10:30 pm. There is a starting place for the long ride and another for the shorter ride. Volunteers will direct you.
- MORE QUESTIONS? Read our FAQs, or call us, 719-633-6884.